Sunday 25 March 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC171 Sale-a-bration



All good things must come to an end and next week that will be the 2018 Sale-a-Bration promotion. If you haven't made the most of the awesome freebies available, now's the last time week for you to do it.  This week the crew are paying their final visit to all Sale-a-bration catalogues.


For me it was the from the 1st release catalogue, image on page 8 - far right. 


After Monique used the Butterfly Basics set last week, it reminded me to give it some more attention, so that was my start point. Then I have wanted to have a go at the Black Ice technique shown by Melissa Kerman. This being a very amateur version compared to her amazing images and great tutorial which you will find easily on You Tube. A fun technique which I will do again.  I switched out the base card to Basic Black to tie in with the image, and my greeting to Easter, otherwise everything else very much the same - using the lush Painted With Love Specialty DSP and a white doily. I added a tiny scallop border under my greeting from Teeny Tiny Sentiments to finish.


And a close up to show the texture this technique creates:


I'll be taking a break from the hop next week as I have an appointment with Ed Sheeran. Yes, I know - not just me and if you've been - let me know what you thought. I've only heard great things so far. Be my first Easter break away from my hubby and daughter but lucky to be spending it with extended family and friends. I hope you'll manage to celebrate the reason for the season with family and loved ones wherever you arel.

On with the hop - please pop over and visit the lovely Jackie Noble


And as you know - welcome to join us - click the link over on the right to add your creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment