Sunday 4 March 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC168 Petal Passion


We are heading to the Occasions Catalogue this week, pages 22-27 Petal Passion


I headed to page 27, and the picture on the left hand side, using Brusho and the Heat Embossed Resist  technique - an old favourite of mine.


I opted to use Shimmery White cardstock as my canvas for the Brusho as it is similar to water colour paper and a little more forgiving when background colouring and using a lot of water, doesn't warp the same as normal cardstock.  I used the vintage truck image from Country Livin', and initially used Clear Embossing powder but it didn't give me a sharp enough image, so I changed it for White Embossing powder and was much happier. I simply spritzed the card after embossing, and tapped Prussian Blue to the top area, Brilliant Red over the truck and Moss Green towards the bottom, then spritzed a little more to the areas which were still dry. If it is a very hit and miss colouring method - you could never get the same image twice, which is what I love about this - each card is certainly unique!  I tipped the card back and forth a bit, added more water if required and poked at the colour with my aqua brush, but in a very minimal way. I resisted the urge to speed the process up and as the colours dried I just tipped back and forth to get an even distribution. The base is thick Whisper White cardstock with a 1" strip of Color Theory DSP adhered to the bottom. My image has been raised on dimensionals. Whisper White Baker's Twine tied around the spine and a greeting from Dragonfly Dreams white embossed on Old Olive cardstock adhered slighly off the edge as in the case. A few copper sequins to finish.


This close up shows how the shimmery white cardstock really shines, even after colouring.


Thanks for stopping by, now please head over to see what amazing creation Rose has for us and then be inspired to CASE from the Petal Passion section and add your photo using the link over on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment