Wednesday 7 February 2018

Mixing Brusho Crystal Colour with Fine Tip Glue

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this yet, but I remember Sara Douglass showing the Fine Tip Glue mixed with reinker to colour a slimy monster and decided to have a play along the same lines.

I used a paint palette and put a few ml of fine tip glue into five holes, then tapped each of the five Brusho colours into the respective holes and mixed with toothpicks.  Then I played! I coloured more You're Inspiring daffodils (See my other colouring of these here and here), painted foil doillies and then took an A5 piece of glossy card and used it to clean my palette. I took a palette knife and took colour from each pot and smeared randomly on the glossy card until all my 'paint' was used, and the card was pretty much coloured - yes, it looks very messy but wasn't really then I left everything to dry. 


From that A5 piece of 'messy' coloured card - this is what I was able to diecut:


And although I still have a few bits left over - these cards will help restock my stash and only need a greeting if I wish, or could simply be used as they are. Some backgrounds are DSP, others made using Brusho. I've used Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Butterflies Thinlits, Bold Butterfly Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits and Fluttering TIEF. A few iridescent sequins helped finish them off.


This is a closer up version of some aspects:


No comments:

Post a Comment