Sunday 18 February 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC166 Painted With Love


From the Occasions Catalogue - pages 18-21 - Painted With Love - I'm sure there will be plenty to take your fancy this week as you hop around



I've chosen the picture on the bottom left of page 20:


Out with the hearts (most of them anyway) and in with the birds!  Oh my, if you haven't seen the Painted With Love Specialty DSP in real life - you should!  It is soo lush!  One side has gold foil accents and the other brushstroke imagery. The only downfall - it is one of those DSPs that you really find hard to cut into.  Read on for how I managed to get around that!

I have used a thick Whisper White base and added a layer of Pear Pizzazz textured with the Layered Leaves 3D TIEF. I cut four birds with the Birds & Blooms framelits, and the tiny bird out of Gold Foil.  I used the greeting from Best Birds and Gold heat embossed it then cut it with my every popular Stitched Shapes Framelits. The wooden hearts (from Hearts and Stars elements) are also Gold heat embossed. 


The metallic thread adds a nice fine bit of shimmer to finish.


Close up - the bird on the right has been raised with dimensionals.


Above I mentioned that I found this scrumptious DSP really hard to cut into, so by planning ahead - I've used the negative and the positive image and maximised my usage - think I might have to try this with some other punches as well!


Sentiment to be added, but these may be going to some customers this month - if I can part with them! The notecards are 3" square, you can get 8 cards from one sheet of 12" Whisper White cardstock. I cut the DSP to 3" square and did my die cutting, then trimmed the negative before adding to the card. Some of the little Gold Glitter Flakes have been added with Fine Tip Glue. 

Time now to head over and see what Rose has created for you. Don't forget to play along - link over on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment