Sunday 4 February 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC164 Occasion Kits


This week we are looking at Occasion Kits from pages 15-17 for CASEing the Catty



I have selected the image at the bottom of page 17, along with keeping my promise of showing more of the Brusho and You're Inspiring play day:



Pretty much used the ideas but as you can see switched out elements or swapped orientation, sticking mainly to the colours of Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.



Starting at the left side - and using Brusho Crystal Colour.  The image was stamped using Basic Black archival ink and left to dry. I then spritzed both side of the paper to help it stay flat and tapped the Yellow along the top of the daffodils, Moss Green along the leaf end and let the colour bleed. I added Prussian Blue along the top as if it was sky and then just kept adding colour, spritzing or blotting with a tissue until I achieved the desired effect. When completely dry I trimmed and sliced the coloured piece and attached to the Soft Sky mat, greeting from You're Inspiring and Baker's Twine wrapped and tied off. The background mount has been stamped with the daffodil on the left coloured with a marker each time and stamped onto the Daffodil Delight mat. All cards shown are set onto a thick Whisper White card base.



Next card had the image as above, and then I coloured roughly using Stampin' markers, Garden Green stems and Daffodil Delight flower heads. I then spritzed and let the colour bleed and waited for it to dry.  When dry it was quite a soft colour so I simply repeated the same process and this is the end result.  The Soft Sky mat was stamped in the same colour ink with the image from You're Inspiring. Greeting from Perennial Birthday. The ribbon is that lovely organza again, this time coloured with the Daffodil Delight Light Stampin' Blend. 


And finally, I think this is my favourite! The image is actually stamped in Garden Green and I like how it makes the image less harsh (the same reason I chose not to add the black greeting as per the Case). I coloured with my aqua brush, again Garden Green leaves and Daffodil Delight/Crushed Curry flower heads. I then created a mask and used the same greeting as above with Soft Sky ink to randomly stamp over the image - love how it turned out and will definitely use this idea again. Mounted onto Soft Sky - I think with the right words this would also make a suitable Sympathy card.



Thanks for stopping by and please hop over and visit Megan, then join in and add your card using the link over on the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment