Sunday 28 January 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC163 Sale-a-bration


We're back over to the Sale-a-bration catalogue this week.



I've been having a play this week with the Brusho Crystal Colours. Those of you who love messy play most likely already know about this - but they are watercolour ink crystals (a very intense watercolour powder) and the first instruction we are given is do not open the lid - the potential is that it will go everywhere! So all you need to do is poke a hole into the top of the container and that will provide you with loads of colour without the risk of too much mess. Check out page 26 of the Occasions catalogue for more detail.

I've stopped at page 4 of the Sale-a-bration catalogue 
  

I was also lucky enough to be given the chance to play with the set "You're Inspiring" and after a play it may have to go onto my wish list too. Such lovely images and versatile words. I have stamped the image with Basic Black archival ink and left it to dry well.  I tapped some of the Yellow Brusho into a container and spritzed with water and just stirred it up so that I had my pre-blended colour, rather than pops of colour you can't control the same with this product. With a 1" paint brush I just slip slopped back and forth until I had used up all the mixed colour. I had used whisper white cardstock and when wet it can curl a bit so as it dries. To help smooth it out I decided to add some texture and run it through the Petal Burst TIEF but it was a little more intense than I wanted, so back to the Big Shot and a shim to flatten it out. Got just what I wanted, a hint of texture without detracting from the simple image. I used Delightful Daisy DSP offcuts for the trim and had the pattern run the same way as the cased card. Have you seen the organza ribbon on pg 23? It is 1/4" wide and you can sponge it to colour if you want, however I left it white and love how such a little touch can add so much interest. The greeting is from Bunch of Blossoms and Layering Ovals were used to create the shape and scalloped background. A baker's twine bow to finish.



I did do some more playing with the Brusho Colours but I will make another card to show you next week. Meantime, on with the blog hop, click to see what Rebecca has in store for you. Feel free to join the challenge - link over on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment