Thursday 14 December 2017

Wish Me Luck!

Stampin' Up have invited demonstrators who wish to apply to be a Display Board Stamper to create a blog post with 3 card fronts, 1 scrapbook page and 2 off the page items.  

I may have slipped a little extra project in, but only because they are very similar and it just gives people an extra little idea during this season of giving.

My first card features Santa's Suit and Oh, What Fun with the trending 'eclipse' method using the Large Letter framelits.


My next card is a special card created for my lovely Mum who celebrated a birthday this week.  I used the Delightful Daisy stamps, matching punch and DSP along with the Happy Birthday Thinlits.  I believe this is called a Double Dutch fold card, although I created my own measurements to make this a 6" square card (can be easily adapted to standard size though).



The inside:



 and then it can stand on it's own:


My final card is a four fold card which I adapted from ideas online, but I get two card bases from a sheet of 12"x12" and 1/2 sheet A4. I realise the brief was for a card front, but this is a special Christmas card and it does fit in a standard envelope. Father Christmas, Merry Music Specialty DSP and Snowflake Sentiments were used with some diecuts from Pretty Pines Thinlits.

Opened:


The photo I selected to scrapbook with jumped out after I had been flicking through the new Petal Passion Memories and More card pack. The powder pink sky matched the cards from this pack perfectly. I have used one of the large and 3 small cards to create the embellishments.


Close up of Petal Passion cards (yum!):


Off the page items. First using the Window Box thinlits run through the Big Shot with the 3D Dynamic Hexagons. Greeting combination of Pretty Kitty and fussy cut Floral Statement, with a fussy cut bumble bee from Dragonfly Dreams - all elements raised with mini dimensionals.  


Next project incorporates little cups inspired by Mel Pagano - they hold a Ferroro Rocher perfectly and I've popped them into a Wood crate with a few simple 3x3 cards. The cups were made from Coffee Break DSP.



And just because it's Christmas, and staying with 3" square card. Are you looking for some last minute inspiration - how about those mini pizza boxes? So pleased to hear they are carrying over, perfect little gift - again using the Merry Music Specialty DSP, also trimmed to fit the back of the envelopes, a simple punched black cat with a sweet little Santa hat from Santa's Suit, finished with a strip of Year of Cheer washi tape.




Thanks for stopping by. I wish you and your families a safe and happy holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment