Sunday 3 December 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC157 Case a Colour Combo


This week you can use either catalogue to case a colour combination.  Loads of choice!!  Play along and link up on the right...


I'm sure this colour combination features more than once through the catalogue, however my inspiration came from page 35 - Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist and Soft Sky...




The young lady of the house turned 17 this week, so it was fitting to tie this in with a last minute birthday card... and you also get a sneak peak of a stamp set you can earn with a purchase of $110 in the upcoming Sale-a-bration promotion! - Party Pandas, they are already proving to be popular among demonstrators.



Pandas love bamboo - I know, but I wanted some colour, so chose the floral pattern from Awesomely Artistic to combine with my little party bears.  I stamped the pandas directly onto my top layer and masked them off, then the background image. I used my aqua brush and pretty much slip slopped colour so that I got different depths of colour without being too precise.  Yes, there are only three marker colours used - the hat is not using the aqua brush, but the marker direct to paper.  I then used the eclipse technique which is trending at prsent and diecut the Large Numbers from the top layer and layered with another set cut from Basic Black, as I didn't want the numbers to get too last.Popped up on mini dimensionals - they are the perfect size if you haven't tried them yet, you must. A quick tie off with some linen thread, and simply matted with Lemon Lime Twist and onto a thick Whisper White base.

The middle is matted the same with the final panda image of the trio in this set of stamps, and the heart coloured with Berry Burst too. The greeting is also from that set, along with Hi or Love You... too cute.  Of course I couldn't help but photograph him with a little memento from her trip to China this year.



Thanks for stopping by, and please make your way over to Monique's blog for some more inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment