Sunday 15 October 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC150 Favourite Big Shot Project


Hello there - thanks for stopping by as we hop through the Design Crew's take of Caseing their Favourite Big Shot Project - Holiday Catalogue.  

As you know that gives a lot of choice, but I ended up near the back of the catalogue - page 51, and the bottom card of the last picture.

I chose the Oh So Eclectic bundle to create with. I think I was drawn to this card after seeing Fresh Fig used by some of the team last week and decided it was time I did too. I used a base of Fresh Fig. I soaked colour into a piece of watercolour paper until I was happy with the intensity, I was a bit impatient and in the end just slapped the ink pad on so it became extremely intense, but I played with it lifting colour out, waiting til it was dry and adding drops of water, that's where I started to get the blue tinge coming through. I still own the colour spritzer that Stampin' Up used to have and used that with the Fresh Fig marker to get the splatters. 


If you look closely you will see there is a leaf image stamped onto the card but you won't find the stamp in the set - because it is actually the die inked up (the one that only embosses the card - doesn't cut it), such a cute image. In the card they have some little crosses cut out, instead I versamarked the crosses image and silver embossed it. Next I cut a foil skeleton flower, and popped Powder Pink under the centre. I stamped Powder Pink cardstock with the smaller flower image in Fresh Fig and after diecutting it lopped off the stalk. Next was the leaves, two were stamped with Lemon Lime Twist, the other plain vellum - all die cut, and then some little foil sprigs. Once my cutting was done I layered it up pretty much as per the CASEd card. Silver Metallic thread behind and I used the white out of the Metallic sequins, but it has a kind of mother of pearl shine to it, so it worked well with my pinks. Image is stamped from Dragonfly Dreams and chopped then raised with dimensionals...

I realise some of you will look at this and just think 'epic fail', especially those of you who prefer 'clean and simple', but every now and then I like a bit of messy play, so quite enjoyed creating it.  Time for you to hop on over to see what Rebecca has been up to... hope you'll feel inclined to join in - click the icon on the left to add your project

No comments:

Post a Comment