Sunday 20 August 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC142 Love & Sympathy

This week we have a Guest Designer - Welcome Nicole. The section we are Caseing is Love and Sympathy pages 86-101.  


Hi if you've just hopped over from Petas page. Today I chose the bottom card on the image from page 101:


Using Daisy Delight for the flower, Thoughts & Prayers for the Greeting and Best Birds for the background. I went with Smokey Slate for the base card and Crushed Curry for the background stamping and the flowers with Wild Wasabi leaves. With the colouring I tried to be slap dash as in the cased picture, I liked the blank areas of colour.  See below for a close up.



I smooshed the Night of Navy onto a non-porous surface and added a little embossing paste, then used this to texture the middle of my flowers.  When dry I dabbed a little more colour over the top and used Rich Razzleberry around the edge - (my colouring was inspired by this flower, Osteospermum):



The close up shows the texture better hopefully. The shine on the petals is by stamping the daisy in Versamark and then Crushed Curry before clear heat embossing (see here for more on this tip). This meant I would have more control over the white space I wanted but it made colouring around the centre a bit of a challenge... 



Enough from me - time to pop over and see what Megan has been up to...



No comments:

Post a Comment