Sunday 20 November 2016

Mediterranean Moments

A set that jumped out of the new catalogue at me was inspired by $Million sales achiever, Susan Nygaard.  We also saw Liz Collett demonstrate some great ideas using this set at #onstagelive. Of course, once I started, I wanted to use all my samples, and another item showcased here is the Stitched Shapes Framelits which have proven so popular they will not be able to be ordered after tomorrow due until sometime in the future, but they will be in the new catalogue in June.  

First up a card to satisfy the Global Design Project sketch challenge #gdp062.  I have gone monochrome, using only Soft Suede against Whisper White.  The spots on the Fancy Frost Specialty DSP were made using Soft Suede refill dropped into water, then dipping my aqua painter in and flicking lightly.  Of course, I couldn't waste the coloured water, so see below for what else I did.  The image was stamped then diecut with the oh so versatile Stitched Shape Framelits.  The sketch was landscape, but I have gone portrait, and hope it still fits the rules.  The greeting from Jar of Love has been layered onto Soft Suede which I also diecut from the same framelits, just a little bit of tweaking along the way...


Next up, a card for a friend who has just purchased her first home after a change in circumstances - I hope it makes her smile. Greeting again from Jar of Love and diecut with the Tags and Labels framelits, Bow from Pretty Pines Thinlits and a few rhinestones to finish.


Something calming about this picture, so again you don't need to to put much behind your card as the picture says it all. Image diecut from Stitched Shape Framelits and layered onto scallop from Layering Squares. Greeting from Jar of Love and just a couple of plain strips of Basic Black cardstock for the background. 


Most people think of the vibrant blues and reds (along with terracotta) when thinking of the Mediterranean, so this card was a bit of a play on that. I believe it is called Spotlighting Technique, and my spotlights were again diecut from the Stitched Shape Framelits.  My blue is Island Indigo backed with Real red.  Greeting - yes, you guessed it - Jar of Love.


The last card to show you was using the leftover water I referred to from the first photo.  I watercoloured a piece of Whisper White card, and thought the colour wasn't intense enough, so I just tipped all the water onto it.  Of course, that meant waiting for it to dry.  So I sped it up with the heatgun, and like how the ink started to separate so it had a soft yellow haze around the edge.  I stamped it with my image in Archival Black, then ran it through the Big Shot with Petal Burst TIEF, then I actually shifted it a smidge and ran it through again.  I layered that onto Basic Black and now have a fun no occasion card ready to send, or I could pop a greeting on when called for...


Here they are all together.  Hope you love this set as much as I do, although sorry that you have to wait until January to order it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for showcasing my stamp set, Sandra!! It makes me happy to see the sketches come to life much as I had imagined them in my mind. Beautiful work!! Susan Nygaard

    ReplyDelete